Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Sparrow sketch

This time last year I was embarking on the Every Day in May Challenge  which originated through the Every Day Matters EDM Group, it was a fantastic thing to do and I made lots of new artist friends of Flickr but I did find I was spending a lot of time on my daily sketch, so I'm not going to join in this year.  I will enjoy watching what Wendy - Quirky Artist - and the others do.

I'm going to try to sketch something every day this month because I can certainly do with the practice, I just won't be working from a list of subjects.

Day 1 is a pen and wash study of a sparrow.  He's loosely based on one of my photos.  I'm still not quick enough to sketch much but pigeons from life.


7 comments:

Rose Welty said...

This is lovely!

shirley fachilla said...

If you can sketch a pigeon from life, you're good.
I agree with Rose this is a lovely bird. I admire the elegance of your line.

Anonymous said...

But Robyn, you can still post to EDiM if you are drawing other things. The only rule is the intention to draw Every Day in May.

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice sketch of the sparrow!!! I'm picturing you in your garden right now, with your flowers in bloom. I always have happy membories thinking about my visit there.

Bridget Hunter said...

This sketch has caught his/her character as well as the physical - like it very much

Penny said...

Love it, but yes trying to sketch things from life are a bit difficult, especially in my garden.

RobertN said...

Beautiful sketch! Have a good weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...